Appeal & JR

You can appeal to the First-tier Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber) if the Home Office has decided to:
• refuse your protection claim (also known as ‘asylum claim’ or ‘humanitarian protection’)
• revoke your protection status
• rejected your human rights claim
• deport you or refuse you a residence document under the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016
• revoke your British citizenship
• deport you, refuse or revoke your status, or vary the length or condition of your stay under the EU Settlement


• Suspended  your travel permit or family permit under the EU Settlement Scheme
The tribunal is independent of the government. A judge will listen to both sides of the argument before making a decision.
If you do not have the right to appeal. Maybe you are able to ask the Home Office for an administrative review.

How to appeal
Find out how to appeal from:
• within the UK
• outside the UK
There’s a different way to appeal if you made your application before 6 April 2015.


• £80 without a hearing
• £140 with a hearing

You may not have to pay if you get:
• Asylum support
• Legal aid
• Services from your local council and you’re under 18

You can also get help with court fees if you fulfill any of the following categories:
• Little or no savings
• Get certain benefits
•  Low income

Our Appeal & JR service:

We represent our clients in all immigration appeals. Our work before the First-tier Tribunal includes preparing witness statements. Advising on documents, arranging the documents for the appeal bundle, preparing and submitting the appeal bundle, and advocacy.
If your appeal is refused in the First-tier Tribunal, we can also represent you for permission to apply and representation in Upper Tribunal. We can further represent you if your matter proceeds to the Court of Appeal or Supreme Court.

Judicial Review

Judicial review is a type of court proceeding in which a judge reviews the lawfulness of a decision or action made by a public body such as the Home Office.
A Judicial review is a challenge to the way in which a decision has been made, rather than the rights and wrongs of the conclusion reached.
The Judicial Review process can only be used if there is no other alternative remedy available to the applicant. In the event that you have been given a right of appeal in relation to a negative Home Office decision or have the option of carrying out an Administrative Review, you may not be able to carry out a Judicial Review until you have completely exhausted these alternative remedies.
A claim for Judicial Review in immigration cases needs to be issued in the Upper Tier tribunal promptly and in any event not later than 3 months after the date of the Home Office’s negative decision.
We not only pride ourselves on providing unrivaled expertise in relation to Judicial Review matters but also provide good value for money and a range of funding options to help privately funded clients. In some Judicial Review cases, we are able to help clients with legal aid, which means that some or all the costs related to Judicial Review proceedings could be met by public funds.

We provide representations in Judicial Review cases in the following situations:
• Home Office decisions with no right of appeal
• Unlawful detention of immigrants
• Local authority procedures/policies & Human Rights Law breaches
• Challenging the Immigration Law on public policy grounds

Our service:

We provide the following services for Judicial Review applications:

• Assessing the merits of the case
• Drafting Pre-Action Protocol
• Preparing grounds for Review and appeal bundle
• Advise on documents
• Preparing renewal of JR application
• Urgent application to stop removal
• Representation in an oral and substantive hearing

Please check our fees page for an estimation of costs in Judicial Review.

Immigration legal advice and service.

Share This Story


Talk to our immigration expert to get consultation.
find out more


Talk to our family lawyer to get consultation.
find out more


Talk to our employment expert to get consultation.
find out more

Civil Litigation.

Talk to our civil litigation expert to get consultation and advice.
find out more


Talk to our conveyancing expert to get consultation.
find out more