EEA Family Permit

An EEA Family Permit is a document issued to non-EEA nationals living outside the European Union. These are people who would like to travel to the UK with an EEA national family member or join an EEA national family member in the UK. If the EU national is living in the UK for more than 3 months. In the same way, They must be exercising treaty rights in the UK.

If you are eligible you will get a Family Permit for 6 months. As a result, you are allowed to enter and exit the UK as many times as you please during this period. So, if you want to stay in the UK, you must apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.

Eligibility for EEA family permit

– You are a citizen of a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
– A family member who is an EEA national.
– You are related to the EEA national in one of the following ways:

  • you are a family member of the EEA national.
  • This includes being their husband, wife, civil or unmarried partner, parent, grandparent, child, or grandchild.
  • Other relationships to the family member of the EEA national, like their unmarried partner in a durable relationship, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, cousin, etc.
  • you are the main carer of a British citizen or a child who is an EEA national.

– Your EEA national family member is traveling with you to the UK.
– Your family member is in the UK. If they have lived in the UK for more than three months, and also exercising Treaty rights as a worker, self-employed person, student, self-sufficient person, or a job seeker.

City Heights Solicitors can provide assistance in applying for an EEA family permit.

As a specialized immigration law firm, we focus on this specific area of law. As a result, Our team of expert immigration lawyers is dedicated to helping you with all your application needs, including gathering and submitting any necessary supporting evidence. Please contact us for more information.

EEA Family Permit

Share This Story


Talk to our immigration expert to get consultation.
find out more


Talk to our family lawyer to get consultation.
find out more


Talk to our employment expert to get consultation.
find out more

Civil Litigation.

Talk to our civil litigation expert to get consultation and advice.
find out more


Talk to our conveyancing expert to get consultation.
find out more
Cropped image of business partners carrying briefcases on the foreground while their colleague standing on the background