The Marriage Visitor visa is designed for non-EEA nationals over the age of 18 who wish to visit the UK to marry or form a civil partnership or give notice of a marriage or civil partnership, in the UK. The Marriage Visitor visa is for those that do not intend to settle in the UK after being married or entering into their civil partnership.
On arrival in the UK, all visitors (including non-visa nationals) coming to marry or form a civil partnership, or give notice of this, in the UK must have a valid visit visa endorsed with this purpose and the name of the holder’s fiance(e) or proposed civil partner. The earliest you can apply is 3 months before you travel. You can use this visa to visit the UK for up to 6 months.
– You are over 18 years old.
– You are free to give notice of marriage and to marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within six months of your arrival.
– You are in a genuine relationship.
– You will visit the UK for less than six months and will then leave the UK.
– You have sufficient funds available to you to cover the costs of your visit and your return journey without needing to rely on public funds.