Visit (Standard) Visa for Child

The Parent of a Tier 4 child visa is for non-EEA nationals whose child attends an independent fee-paying day school in the UK. You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK.

If you meet the eligibility requirements, you may get a visa for either 6 or 12 months. After that, you can get extensions for 12 months at a time until your child reaches 12 years of age.


– Will leave the UK at the end of your visit.
– Will not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits, or make the UK your main home.
– Are genuinely seeking entry for a purpose that is permitted by the visitor routes and will not undertake any prohibited activities.
– Have sufficient funds to cover all reasonable costs in relation to your visit without working or accessing public funds.
– Adequate arrangements must have been made for your travel to, reception and care in the UK.
– If you are not applying or travelling with a parent or guardian based in your home country or country of ordinary residence who is responsible for your care, that parent or guardian must confirm that they consent to the arrangements for your travel to, and reception and care in the UK.
– You must either hold a valid visit visa that states you are accompanied and will be travelling with an adult identified on that visit visa or hold a visit visa which states that you are unaccompanied.

Share This Story


Talk to our immigration expert to get consultation.
find out more


Talk to our family lawyer to get consultation.
find out more


Talk to our employment expert to get consultation.
find out more

Civil Litigation.

Talk to our civil litigation expert to get consultation and advice.
find out more


Talk to our conveyancing expert to get consultation.
find out more
Cropped image of business partners carrying briefcases on the foreground while their colleague standing on the background


Articles from expert solicitors and reviews of different case laws.