Fiancé(e) or Proposed Civil Partner

The UK Fiancé(e) or Proposed Civil Partner visa category is for engaged partners of British citizens or persons with indefinite leave to remain who wish to enter the UK and marry within 6 months of their arrival. This visa can also be applied by the Fiancé(e) or Proposed Civil Partner who has refugee status or humanitarian protection in the UK.

An application for a UK Fiancé(e) of the Proposed Civil Partner visa must be made from outside the UK. If you meet the eligibility, financial and English language requirements, you will be granted a visa for 6 months. After this you will need to apply to extend your stay.


– Your partner is British or holds Indefinite Leave to Remain.
– You are both over the age of 18.
– You have met in person.
– You are both free to marry.
– Your relationship is genuine and you intend to live together permanently.
– You intend to marry within six months of your arrival in the UK.
– Any previous relationships have broken down permanently.
– You will be adequately maintained in the UK without recourse to public funds.
– There is adequate accommodation for you and any dependents.
– You speak English to an A1 level.
– You can demonstrate that your partner or you jointly have a gross annual income of at least £18,600, with £3,800 additionally required for a first child and £2,400 additional for every further child.
– A Home Office application processing fee of £1,523 if making a new application, or £1,033 if switching from another visa category.

Share This Story


Talk to our immigration expert to get consultation.
find out more


Talk to our family lawyer to get consultation.
find out more


Talk to our employment expert to get consultation.
find out more

Civil Litigation.

Talk to our civil litigation expert to get consultation and advice.
find out more


Talk to our conveyancing expert to get consultation.
find out more
Cropped image of business partners carrying briefcases on the foreground while their colleague standing on the background


Articles from expert solicitors and reviews of different case laws.