Tier 2 General Skilled Worker Visa UK
The Tier 2 General skilled worker visa UK category is for individuals who have an offer of a skilled job in the UK from a licensed Tier 2 Sponsor. This category includes applicants coming to the UK to fill shortage occupations. You will need to have an offer of employment before applying for a visa. You will also have to meet other eligibility requirements to get this visa.
You must have a valid certificate of sponsorship for your job. That shows you’re being paid an appropriate salary for your job. It also proves that you have sufficient knowledge of English. You also need to show that you have personal savings. So you can support yourself when you arrive in the UK.
You can come to the UK with a Tier 2 (General) visa for a maximum of 5 years and 14 days. Or the time is given on your certificate of sponsorship plus 1 month, whichever is shorter.
Eligibility for skilled worker visa
– You have a job offer in the UK from an employer that holds a Tier 2 Sponsor License.
– The job you are sponsored for is at least graduate level or a specified creative profession.
– The job is on the Home Office’s list of skilled occupations.
– You will be paid a minimum salary of £30,000 (£20,800 for some applicants) or the minimum for the exact job you are doing, whichever is higher.
– The job offer is a genuine vacancy and you are appropriately qualified or registered to do the job.
If you need help understanding the Rules, assessing your chances of qualifying for a skilled worker visa UK or preparing an application, our team of immigration lawyers is here to provide expert advice and assistance.