The start-up visa category is for people from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland who are eligible to set up a business in the UK. The business or business idea has to be endorsed by an approved body in the UK. To get endorsed, you must need show that your business idea is innovative that is an original business idea, and different from anything else on the market. You may need to prove your knowledge of the English language when you apply.
The earliest you can apply for the visa is three months from your travel. You are able to stay on this visa for 2 years but cannot apply to extend this visa. You can also bring your family members with you.
– The new visa will be for both graduates and non-graduates.
– No initial funding is required.
– If successful under this route, the applicant will obtain a visa for a maximum of 2 years, upon which they can switch to other visa categories.
– One can elect to bring their family with them.
– There is no route to a settlement with this visa. In order to settle the applicant must switch to another visa category.