Tier 4 General Student Visa
The Tier 4 General Student Visa category is for non-EEA nationals who are over the age of 16 and wish to study in the UK. You must have to have been offered a place on a course and have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course – the amount will vary depending on your circumstance. You also need to meet the other eligibility requirements.
You can arrive in the UK up to 1 week before if your course lasts 6 months or less or up to 1 month before if your course lasts
more than 6 months. How long you can stay depends on the kind, of course, you’re doing and what study you’ve already completed.
– You are aged 16 or over.
-You have been offered an unconditional place on an approved course with a licensed student sponsor.
– You can read, write, speak, and understand English to at least CEFR Level B2 (if studying at degree level or above) or CEFR Level B1 (if studying at below degree level).
– You have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course without relying on public funds.
– You have the consent of your parent(s) or legal guardian if you are 16 or 17 years old.
– A full-time course that leads to a qualification below degree level (RQF level 3, 4, or 5) with at least 15 hours per week of organized daytime study.
– A full-time course that leads to a qualification that is at degree level or above (RQF level 6, 7, or 8).
– A full-time course that is at degree level or above (RQF level 6,7 or 8), that is equivalent to a UK higher education course, and is being delivered as part of a longer course overseas.
– A part-time course leading to a qualification that is above degree level (RQF level 7 or above).
– A recognized foundation program for postgraduate doctors or dentists (if you have finished a recognized UK degree in medicine or dentistry, received that degree from a registered student sponsor, and spent your final year and at least one other year of studies leading to that degree in the UK).
– An English language course at level B2 or above in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.